Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Teen Program Coordinator
FUNCTION: The Teen Program Coordinator plans, promotes, instructs and evaluates academic and career development programs, services and activities for Teens ages 12-18 years.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Ensure engagement, promote and stimulate participation, and consistent attendance of Teens enrolled in activities.
• Establish rapport with Teens and provide mentoring, guidance, role modeling to members and overall direction for their leadership development, artistic skills, engagement and academic progress
• Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities.
• Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the club at all time.
• Engaging members in activities successfully and provide a safe environment for members.
• Support members emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts successfully.
• Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and group projects
• Submit regular lesson plans, attendance sheets and other administrative duties
• Participate in training and staff development activities.
• Ensure a productive work environment by participating in club staff meetings.
• Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; collaborate; and advise/counsel.
• Research topics based on interest and needs of male and female members, ages 12-18.
• Mandatory cleaning set up and closes down of program area on a daily basis.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
• This position is Full Time.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent in experience working with Teens
• Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
• Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity highly preferred
• CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
• Valid State Driver’s License and ability to drive a club vehicle periodically.
• Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
• Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
• Experience and ability in creating interactive and educational activities
• Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
• Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
• Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
• Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
• Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 4-30-19