Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Prevention Specialist – School Sites
Primary Function: Under the supervision of the Prevention Outreach Manager, plans, coordinates, presents and evaluates the SMART programs at the club level. Implements, plans and performs the duties of the SMART program, (GPIA) Gang Prevention Initiative Awareness, and (JJIS) Juvenile Justice Intake System and travels to all Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County School Sites.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
• Ensures courses and activities adhere to science-based guidelines and grant requirements.
• Presents the courses and curriculum of the SMART programs family.
• Identifies current and prospective club members for the GPIA program.
• Maintains required documentation and files for each child involved.
• Provides Prevention/Intervention Program Manager with input to ensure quality improvement for JJIS completing PAT in the time frame allowed by monitoring and evaluating program’s achievement against target goals, recommending modifications to enhance outcome.
• Provides one-on-one and group guidance to program participants.
• In a case when prevention work is completed, performs other duties within club as required by the Club Director.
• Maintain close, daily contact with Prevention/Intervention Program Manager,
• Completes required monthly reports.
• Input and creating a face sheet in the JJIS System for all youth that participate in the DJJ (GPIA) Smart Programs.
• Completion of the JJIS (PAT) Prevention Assessment Tool within the first 5 days.
• Completion of paper PAT within 20 days of start of program.
• Assist with the implementation and instructing of the Smart Programs curriculum.
• Assist with DJJ Smart Programs maintenance of files.
• Travel to school sites.
• Supervision: Does not supervise others
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in presenting youth prevention programs.
• Ability to manage budget resources to achieve objectives and outcomes.
• Ability to plan and implement quality SMART programs and Targeted Outreach programs.
• Ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers.
• Mandatory HIV/AIDS, CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
• Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
• Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
• Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
• Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
• Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal due to work is conducted in a office environment and local travel includes exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.