Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Director of Finance
FUNCTION: Manages and oversees all financial functions including: accounting, payroll, financial operations, cash management, auditing and tax reporting. Managing all financial preparation and reporting duties for three organizations: the Clubs, the Foundation and the Palmetto Pines Golf Club. This includes all accounts payable and accounts receivable, general ledger and journal entries.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
• Leadership: Establishes and implements policies and procedures for all financial management functions, ensuring the existence of a comprehensive system of internal accounting controls to the extent practicable with then-current staffing levels, providing for adequate segregation incompatible of duties, as well as compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
• Strategic Planning: Collaborates with the President, Vice President of Operations, and Chief Development Officer as well as the Boards and Finance Committees on strategic planning initiatives including but not limited to leading in the development of annual income/expense budgets and capital needs/replacements.
• Works closely with Corporate and Foundation Finance Committees to maintain, analyze and interpret financial statements and projections.
• Works with the General Ledger, posting journal entries.
• Works with both for profit and non-profit organizations simultaneously.
• Independently accounts for daily, weekly and monthly finances from multiple locations and multiple organizations.
• Ensures financial records and recordkeeping systems are in compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting principles and practices and requirements of governmental grants and contracts.
• Manages all critical due dates related to contracts, loans, grants, leases, employment agreements and any other documents or obligations with time-sensitive provisions.
• Serves as the chief risk manager for all of the entities to obtain insurance coverage or other appropriate protection against foreseeable risks related to fixed assets, personnel (e.g. workers’ compensation), liability (including umbrella coverages), tenant-related risks (or confirmation of tenant-provided coverages), directors and officers insurance, and any other necessary coverages.
• Manages AP, AR, PO’s and petty cash for multiple organizations with multiple locations and also intra-organizational processing.
• Manages all assets (property, plant and equipment) and investment reporting for the Corporation, Foundation, and Palmetto Pines Golf Club.
• With respect to the Foundation investment portfolio serves as liaison between the Foundation’s Investment Committee Chair and membership and the organization’s investment advisors as needed by the Investment Committee.
• Maintains depreciation and replacement reserve schedules.
• Manages all bank and other loans and obligations consistent with their terms, and timely monitors compliance and related reporting for such obligations.
• Ensures that staff members are following established accounting policies and procedures.
• Attends annual events to provide financial oversight.
• Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates accounting support staff.
• Assures timely reporting of state and federal tax filings.
• Accounts and reports on event and fundraising income and expenses.
• Accounts and reports on income and expenses from multiple grant sources and ensures proper allocation of operating and overhead expenses to grants, subject to their enabling documents.
• Prepares cash flow projections for multiple bank accounts for multiple organizations and manages intra-organization transactions.
• Works with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules and annual reporting of audit findings, and to ensure the organization is aware of upcoming changes in any applicable generally accepted accounting principles
• Collaborates with outside financial and real estate consultants on various high-level recurring items and special projects.
• Works with management team to develop timely and accurate reports on a monthly basis, as well as preparation of the annual capital and operating expense budgets.
• Prepares and analyzes quarterly financial reports for the Foundation and Palmetto Pines Golf Course and monthly financial reports for the Corporation.
• Attends meetings of Finance and Investment Committees for all related organizations.
• Attends Board of Director meetings, as needed or requested.
• Attends professional development opportunities to maintain up to date knowledge in area of expertise including accounting, finance/banking, insurance/risk management and business communications.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
• Minimum of three years of progressively responsible work experience managing the accounting functions in a non-profit agency, including general ledger, journal entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Experience in working with multiple sites and related-party organizations.
• Thorough knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices, processes and procedures of non-profit and for-profit organizations.
• Expertise working with QuickBooks accounting program preferred.
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial information and communicate results with others.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate financial operations and provide supervision of direct reports.
• Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
• Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
• Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel.
• Ability to interact professionally with Club staff, Board members, volunteers and other agencies.
• Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportuni